For whatever reasons, you appear to possess (an allegedly East Asian)
perceptual mind rather than (the allegedly Western) discursive mind. Is
one superior to the other, and if so, why?

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "roloro1557" <roloro1...@...> wrote:

Morning. . .

This morning I followed my usual routine. I splashed cold water on my
face, made
coffee, and took my cup out onto the veranda. The sky was palest
blue-gray-lavendar, nearly white, backlit by the sun behind the thick
clouds.
Mist hugged the earth, dragon's breath, turning some of the trees that
sage-ish,
more-gray-than-green and making others a bright, vibrating green. The
usual
morning choir of cicadas was silent in the dimness, the night crickets
still
singing mutedly. The birds were hushed too. My spirit expanded and
relaxed and
sighed with deep happiness as I sipped my coffee and let myself be
absorbed into
the mists. . .

A little while later, after breakfast, I went out again to leave what
remained
of the morning meal for the neighborhood strays and fill the bird
feeder. Now
the sun, a little higher and stronger, had thinned the clouds and mist
some. The
sky was bluer. The mist looked like thin veils made of pearl, shining
with that
muted rainbow light, as pearls do. The trees and plants looked as though
they
had been hung with nets of diamonds as the sunlight prisimed through the
moisture clinging to them and making hundreds of sparkling little points
of
light.

And I was caught up, soaring into pure joy. . . . .

"The mountains, rivers, earth, grasses, trees, and forests, are always
emanating
a subtle, precious light, day and night, always emanating a subtle,
precious
sound, demonstrating and expounding to all people the unsurpassed
ultimate
truth." –Yuansou

Artie