From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] On: Understanding your world
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 5 August, 2010, 8:23 PM

Anthony,
Most or all on the Zen Forum appear to have a "meaning system that provides
structure and helps them understand their world."
You appear to be the odd one out.  Are you?
--ED

"Brain study shows that thinking about God reduces distress -- but only for
believers." August 4th, 2010. www.physorg. com/news20013884 8.html
" "Thinking about religion makes you calm under fire. It makes you less
distressed when you've made an error," says Inzlicht. "We think this can help
us understand some of the really interesting findings about people who are
religious. Although not unequivocal, there is some evidence that religious
people live longer and they tend to be happier and healthier." Atheists
shouldn't despair, though. "We think this can occur with any meaning system
that provides structure and helps people understand their world." Maybe
atheists would do better if they were primed to think about their own beliefs,
he says."