Forwarded from the Zen Community of Baltimore:

Dear fellow AZTA teachers and friends,

I bring you sad news this evening. Aitken Roshi passed away at 5:35 PM
this afternoon. He was 93 years old.

Roshi's energy had been a little low the past week or so but he had
still been working on his writing projects and he joined us in the
zendo for zazen last Sunday as usual. Yesterday he was not feeling
well and asked to be taken to the hospital. He was diagnosed with
pneumonia and was being treated with IV antibiotics. In the past he
has bounced back quickly with this treatment but this time it wasn't
to be.

As our plans for a memorial service take shape, I'll be sure to keep
you informed via this listserv. In the mean time please light incense
and keep our Old Boss in your loving thoughts.   Thank you.

Gaté gaté paragaté parasamgaté bodhi svâhâ!

Michael Kieran
Palolo Zen Center of the Diamond Sangha
Honolulu, Hawaii