Ari,

I have dreams when I sleep and some are ‘scary’, but I just write them off as
dreams and go on from there.  I don’t try to ‘figure out’ WHY I’ve dreamt
something or what I could do to prevent the dream reoccurring.  That is a big,
big topic for psychoanalysts though.

*Right. I have considered this point of view. Maybe I ate too much onion in my
potatoe salad ;-)

What you might do if you want to rationalize your dream is to consider that it
might be only symbolic.  Maybe the cutting-up/killing of your body is really
the
dismembering of your illusory concept of ‘self’.  That of course would be a
good
thing – in my opinion.  Maybe you could put a positive spin on it like that and
see it as a sign your meditation practice is working.

*That's a good interpretation.
*I have also thought it might have been something about the tornado that I
lived
through.  There was one family which was "chopped up" from the tornado.  The
tornado came, and they were not ready. The father ran upstairs to save the
children, but it was too late.  He wound up breaking both femurs and many other
bones.  Then, the house slipped off it's foundation and into a lake, the mother
fell face first into glass and debris, and she now has horrible scars all over
her face.  After all of that, one child died, and the other child is
permanently
paralyzed.  It was a horrible thing to have happen to your neighbor.  My house
was completely destroyed but me and my pets all lived and so feel blessed.

*The other thing I have to thank is a show called CSI on TV.  On one episode,
this guy was torturing and cutting apart women. The next woman in line was in
handcuffs, and to set herself free, she chewed her own hand off.  Thank you
CSI,
for a image that I will now have for the rest of my life!

That’s all I can think of right now…Bill!

*Thank you, Bill.

Best,
Ari