From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Where's Mayka?
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 13 August, 2010, 10:35 PM

Mayka, depending on which Buddhist path: Hinayana, Mahayana, Vajrayana,
Mahamudra, Dzogchen, etc. that one is traversing, emotions are dealt with

"This also illustrates one of the typical aspects of tantra: rather than
repressing negative emotions like attachment, they are transformed into
positive energy.
But using this transformation principle has two sides: it is not only a very
effective means of making mental changes, but if they are done without proper
guidance of a qualified teacher, the practitioner can easily increase negative
emotions rather than reducing them.
So very powerful psychological techniques like tantra need to be treated with
much care and consideration to avoid disastrous results for the practitioner."