To me, what Bill is saying here is exactly what is meant by the saying, "You
can have your emotions, or your emotions can have you."
Having (or feeling) emotions is not the same as acting on them - or acting on
them in a thoughtless way.

They are just part of being - not all of being.

Artie

> Mayka,
>
> When I say ˜emotions do not necessarily have to lead to actions", I didn't
> mean that there had to be some kind of control used.
>
> I have emotions all the time that don't lead to actions.  You could try to
> control the causal link between emotions and actions; or you could just not
> create that link in the first place.  That's what I do  I guess.  To me,
> emotions are emotions and actions are actions.  Just because one precedes the
> other doesn't mean it causes them, and definitely doesn't mean they HAVE to
> cause them without some controls.

FROM: Over the hills and far away. . .
The way to do is be. Lao Tzu