Yet, I have witnessed that it can be achieved if we meditate, for one hour daily at same time and same place, with a chi based method as taught by our school.

Chan is an experience based on meditation. Unless we meditate, it would be hard for us to surpass our habits, i.e. physical habits, mental habits, and spiritual habits.

JM

On 8/13/2010 1:14 AM, Maria Lopez wrote:

*In addition something important and honoring our JMJM and his tradition:*
**
*Let's love oneselves in syncronitation with the universe.
*
--- On *Fri, 13/8/10, Maria Lopez /<flordel...@btinternet.com>/* wrote:

    From: Maria Lopez <flordel...@btinternet.com>
    Subject: Re: [Zen] EGO
    To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Friday, 13 August, 2010, 9:02

     Ari:
    *You say: "Maybe I am too harsh in my practice. I know I have no
    love for mysellf and am harsh on myself almost all the time.  I'm
    trying to work on loving myself, because I can't love anyone else
    until I have love for myself."*  In my personal opinion This
    statement you've made it makes you by itself the perfect  asset to
    approach the Buddha Teachings.  Not many people have this
    realization about themselves and yet the real root of our
    suffering is the lack of love towards oneselves.  There is also
    often a misunderstanding about this teaching of loving oneselves
    or as Bill would more or less say: "Put the mask of oxygene first
    in you and once you're safe  help others do it the same" This is
    far of being a selfish statement, on the contrary is a very
    compassionate statement  for as long as one has realiced the
    consecuences and impact whatever is in us has over oneselves,  all
    our surroundings and the whole universe.  When a person is unhappy
    makes every one around her/him also unhappy. When a person is
    happy it happens the same.  So here the love towards oneselves is
    based in the healthy and altruistic principle of "I release the
    suffering in me so I can realease the suffering all around me".
    Completely agree with you and yes, loving oneselves is the
    hardest, difficult thing to do.  What it makes difficult this task
    is that in order to love oneselves we have to work extremely hard
    on it.  We have to face what is in us and that not always is
    easy.  In fact we ideally need a Teacher in order of doing so as
    the ego gets on the way and will find millions ways of
    deceiving us....
    Actions of compassion in all directions will help a lot.  I've
    found compassion actions be like the main vitamin supplement for
    keeping me truly alive.
    Welcome to the real dharma of the Buddha.
    Mayka