I have tried to do that, but then that makes everything just seem fleeting and
more meaningless. The best way of putting is like the replicant at the end of
Blade Runner "all these moments will be lost like tears in rain." I feel like
all the sweet things I taste, all the books I enjoy, etc. ultimately have no
meaning, and are therefore worthless.
The berries don't taste sweet, they taste like ash at that point.