I can't speak for others of course. What I'm saying is the opposite,
much of the "zen" practiced in the US is shallow. This is partly because many
people in the US are shallow, but it is also because many "teachers" and
"masters" and other so-called experts are out to make money (as we have been
discussing in another thread) rather that actually teach.