A few days ago someone (I think it was Artie) commented that they knew three
Native American friends who felt that when non-Native Americans tried to
practice NA ways it took away from their culture.

I have been thinking about this for a few days now and I think your Native
American friends are not seeing the situation clearly.  When people share an
idea they are not taking away they are expanding.  It is like lighting a
candle from another candle you are not putting out the light of the first
candle you are making it brighter.

What if Buddhism had never left India?  What if Christianity, Judaism and
Islam had never left the Middle East?  As ideas are shared from one person
to another they get stronger not weaker.  You are adding to, not
subtracting.

Just an idea,

JODY