Thank you, I am familiar with this poem.  Amazing poem, I particularly like the
second to last line, which for me brings the whole experience the writer speaks
of clearly into focus.

About 'lofty class', well that could tell us much about your love for Zen, the
tradition.  At this point, deep Gasho, deep sigh, big smile . . . If there are
some that believe that Rumi is so lofty that he is in a class alone, then they
are holding empty views that cannot be supported by anything but the shifting
sands of the ego . . . When we speak of Tufu, Rumi, Ryokan, HanShan, Hafiz we
speak of them as brothers.

While we have been talking about Sufism, since I am the one that holds dual
citizenship, let me be perfectly clear.  There is an old teaching method that
in order to understand the thing that is under our nose we have to learn
something else.  Perhaps, in my own humble manner, if that is so, I can offer
that here. If it becomes a distraction and leads to defensiveness, well that
might bring something as well for a time, but only if it is useful.  Final
note, I do consider myself more of a Zen Buddhist, which is a convenience, a
manner of expression, in terms of practice and associations.  That has been my
path.  However, I have been interested in other things, sort of like a Gonzo
Anthropological/Sociological romp through secret orders and traditions (someone
has to do it!).  I am a traveler, a salik, just the way I am, but I rely most
often and most thoroughly on Zen.  So, we are all brothers and sisters here.

Currently I have been spending time with The Gurdjieff Foundation, so that is
my most recent investigations.  I won't go into it much here since it is too
early, I have only been with them around 4 years and not a great deal of time
spent.  William Segal, the artist, he practice Soto Zen Buddhism, knew DT
Suzuki and others, and taught in The Work.  There appears to incredible
parallels between Zen and Fourth Way practice, and no doubt The Foundation is
modeled on, shall we say Sufi/Hermetic Middle Eastern Schools.

So, that's my two cents

Thanks for the poem.  Nothing more refreshing than short poems and reminders of
the path.

best wishes