Here comes another viewpoint from our other moderator. Let me expand what Edgar
says: the immense intelligense in the universe is the global spirit, or Tao.

Anthony

--- On Thu, 16/9/10, Edgar Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

From: Edgar Owen <edgaro...@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Can I practise Zen and still believe in God?
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 16 September, 2010, 6:17 PM

DP,

There is certainly immense intelligence embodied in the universe but it is not
the God imagined by Christians. The Christian God as usually thought of is a
delusion and delusions are the antithesis of Zen which deals only with reality
as it actually is. Anyone who believes in the usual Christian God does not know
Zen.

Edgar