From: audreydc1983 <audreydc1...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Introduction to the group
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 17 September, 2010, 1:16

Hello all, my name is Audrey (Aud for short), and I am just now starting to
indulge my interest in Zen. My background is military: My father was in the
Navy for 20 years, and I was in the Marines for 2 (my husband was in the
marines for 4).
I now live in the Pacific NW as a homemaker, but I grew up near Jacksonville,
FL. Both my mom and dad's families are from Southern Illinois, and I have quite
a large extended family out there.
My husband is agnostic, and for a while I have practiced Asatru (a
reconstructionist religion, of the indigenous Northern European peoples). I
have found much joy, many friends, and have met some interesting people on this
path, but unfortunately, I have found a lack of depth in Asatru (mainly, I
think, because many attempt to reconstruct from books and other texts, which
leave gaping holes in religious practice).
I came to Zen from a book on meditation when I was in my teens (the title is
lost to history. lol). I stopped meditating while I was in the military, but
I've picked it up again, and I've found zazen very helpful to my overall
outlook on life. For one thing, when I started zazen, I stopped grinding my
teeth at night! Needless to say, my dentist is quite happy, as I don't complain
of pains that she can't find the cause of! :D
Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself. I hope that I'll learn quite a bit,
and make some good friends!
Brightest Blessings!

~Aud