Mayka;

I almost never disagree with anything you right, but I think you are being
excessively cynical here.  The West has caused so much havoc over other
cultures because of the conditions they found themselves in, not because of
some enduring badness in them.  The Guns, Germs & Steel book is a very
interesting look at the conditions that differentiated the Western countries
from the rest of the world - as far as developing modern technology, the
West really got very lucky, even down to tiny details like the size of grass
seeds of the wild grasses in different areas and the orientation
(horizontal) of the landmass which allowed agricultural innovations to be
shared, where as in the Americas crops that grow in Mexico can't grow so
well in Brazil or New York.

If the native cultures had had access to the more powerful technology that
the West randomly had access to, the odds are that mistakes would have been
make.  The native american cultures did hunt to extinction almost all of the
large mammals that were here when they got here.  People are people; look to
the conditions to explain the differences.

--Chris