I feel, though, that there is some spiritual anxiety in me, a lack of esteem in
my own beliefs. that I feel like I have to defend myself against obviously
hostile people who will never agree with me.

Am I just fighting my own ego? Or do they have a point? I feel like I have tio
make a "decision" on the nature of God or religion.