[EO]  Nonsense. Zen is not anti anything except perhaps illusion.

Edgar,

I currently favor your understanding (subject to further thought and
discussion.)

And, how does one determine when one is under an illusion/delusion and
when not?

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Edgar Owen <edgaro...@...> wrote:

Nonsense. Zen is not anti anything except perhaps illusion.

Intelligence is absolutely necessary to recognize illusion so that it
can be transcended. Only then can Zen mind be realized.
Zen is not the absence of intelligence or anything else. It is the
realization of everything for what it is including the use of the
intellectual mind to solve real problems. The notion that Zen is only
sitting doing nothing and not functioning in the world in one's daily
life is a dangerous illusion. True Zen is 24/7 no matter what one is
doing....
Edgar

[DP] "I should point out that at their most extreme the "internet
atheists" do not spare Buddhism, claiming it is, of all things,
anti-intellectual."

Buddhism is not anti-intellectual.  Zen is.

…Bill!