IMO, religion is *not* poison, and in fact is quite *beneficial* to many
or most.

*Every* religion (and atheism too) has sub-groups and individuals who
use its teachings (or non-teachings) in a poisonous way.

For instance, I believe that the Canadian prime minister subscribes to
the beliefs of a Christian sect that uses Christianity in a poisonous
way.

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "DP" <wookielife...@...> wrote:

> No, I'm not demanding anything. I just find it troubling that when one
place in the forum I was addressing was relegated to religious and
spiritual discussions (which I sincerely believe need to be a part of
solving the problems we're facing as a planet), any possible discussion
of moderate or progressive spirituality was being forced out by the view
that "all religion is poison."