*bows*

When I was 25, I had a serious car accident. My car went into a lake, and I
essentially drowned.  The freezing temps saved my life by putting my body into
a hypothermic state. Nevertheless, I was in a coma for nearly a month, and
spent six months in a hospital. Discharge was only the beginning of rehab. My
injuries  were primarilay in sensory perception--especially visual~ spatial
perception.  There was also a period of time when my memory was almost like a
blank slate.

There was a place or state of beingness then that was very much a state of
instant enlightenment. A present, mindful awareness. A happy and loving heart.
A feeling of inter-connection with the world that was  truly a state of grace.
Yet my sensory abilities were poor.  My intellect allowed me to function and
progress, but it began to detract from this beautiful awareness as I continued
to re-gain skills, abilities and analytical functions.

I can tell you with every particle of my soul that there is a profound bliss in
ignorance. My heart was open. I looked for the best in every action , person,
or place~~ and found it.  I felt intuitively guided, and i have never been
more joyous in my life.

My intellect actually help me lose all of this.  I only wish I had the courage
back then to celebrate my experience.  My intellect told me to hide it from
others.  To try to be just like others.

Well-- I am now.  I've lost  all that as I fought my way back to just being a
functional adult in society. I'm not happy these days.

So.. I can't give you the recipe-- but I am saying that its more than sensory
intake or intellectual output. There's a missing link there, in my experience.

Kristy