From: Edgar Owen <edgaro...@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Bible, God, etc.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 4 October, 2010, 11:35 PM

ED,

Determining what is illusion is not a simple matter that can be put in just a
few words. Here's my article on the nature of mind, reality and illusion.

http://edgarlowen.info/mind.shtml

Edgar

On Oct 4, 2010, at 11:16 AM, ED wrote:

[EO]  Nonsense. Zen is not anti anything except perhaps illusion.
Edgar,
I currently favor your understanding (subject to further thought and
discussion.)
And, how does one determine when one is under an illusion/delusion and when not?
--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Edgar Owen <edgaro...@...> wrote:

Nonsense. Zen is not anti anything except perhaps illusion.

Intelligence is absolutely necessary to recognize illusion so that it can be
transcended. Only then can Zen mind be realized.

Zen is not the absence of intelligence or anything else. It is the realization
of everything for what it is including the use of the intellectual mind to
solve real problems. The notion that Zen is only sitting doing nothing and not
functioning in the world in one's daily life is a dangerous illusion. True Zen
is 24/7 no matter what one is doing....

Edgar

[DP] "I should point out that at their most extreme the "internet atheists" do
not spare Buddhism, claiming it is, of all things, anti-intellectual."
Buddhism is not anti-intellectual.  Zen is.
…Bill!