Mayka,

I do hear you, and will ponder over what you say. If you have references
to the teachings of recognized Zen masters to back up your asserions,
that would be helpful. Bill's confirmation would also help.

> > ED: What are the most common motivations and expectations that
direct individuals toward zen practice?

> Mayka: No motivation, no expectations.  No search for zen.  No
interest for zen. The only thing is that after going in circles and just
by a chance one day one discovers that there is: Only the here and the
now lived in awareness!. And automatically one becomes a zennist! So
it's zen that choose its practitioners and not people who choose to be a
zennist.

---

> > ED: I do hope zen would choose me - but I had better start doing
zazen again.

> Mayka:  It's in not in hope that one knows to be breathing but by a
natural motion of nature observed while in awareness.

---

suggested immediately above?

> > > Mayka: There is no enlightenment

> > ED: I use 'enlightenment' synonymously with 'realizing Buddha
nature'.

> Mayka: Buddha nature is found in the here and the now.  Use the
awareness of the in and out breathing 24 hour over 24 hours even in one
sleep and in whatever task one is doing.  Acknowledgement of sensations,
thoughts, movements, smells, hearing, sight....and you will experience
the Buddha nature by yourself. There is no realisation but just
awakening or remembering of something that is in you already.
> Mayka

---