Easier said than done. The best way to kill all discursive thinking is to
become a zombie.

Anthony

--- On Mon, 18/10/10, ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 18 October, 2010, 9:40 AM

Anthony,

Kill all discursive thinking, one female German zen master (who had the
Inka of a well-known Japanese Zen master), sugggested to me in a sesshin
Dokusan some three decades ago.

--ED

PS: She was as strict as a Prussian General, and commanded us not to
move at all - even when our noses were dripping. (Sit, Fido, sit! ;-))

> ED,
>
> When you stand on the brink of a precipice, who do you kill?
>
> Anthony

> Anthony,
> As the saying goes, if you see Socrates and the Buddha on the road,
kill both.
> --ED

> > ED/Bill,
> >
> > In a discussion like this, I tend to follow Socrates' statement: 'I
know I don't know, while fools don't know they don't know.' But when I
stand on a precipice, I had better know better.