From: ChrisAustinLane <ch...@austin-lane.net>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Positive neural changes in the brain due to meditation?
To: "Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com" <Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com" <Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 16:16

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone

On Oct 20, 2010, at 5:16, Maria Lopez <flordel...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> If mindfulness is show in a scientific way the outcome will be a disaster

I have more faith. Scientists are humans, and there has already been much
suffering relieved by the meditation based therapies described in the article.
Science is another human activity.

I agree tho for physically therapies you want a person who does their work with
grace. Your story reminded me of a nurse that was present while my wife was
delivering our first born, with out pain meds and therefor rather loudly
working at labor. At some point the yelling upset the nurse who yelled at my
wife, "do your relaxing breathing that you learned." despite the indubitable
power of conscious breathing, it was not a helpful thing to yell at that time.