Mayka asked: What about you ED, Mike, Anthony, Chris, Vincent, Mark...?

Mayka,

I am an uncomplicated creature: If posting on a Yahoo group is a source
of some good for me - and possibly me for it - I post.

Bill wrote:

For me the Zen Forum is an e-sangha, somewhere I can go to discuss zen
and
other related subjects with others.

Mayka:

Very glad to hear you say this.  For me this zen forum is the only place
in which I can express myself openly with no consequences of having done
so.    And because of that I'm able to express always what is in me with
no fear or whatsoever.  In addition,  I find this forum very supportive
to myself practise.     I really like the variety and mix of different
characters participating on it.  Each person has a characteristic that
is unique to that person.  Heart feels taking this posting opportunity
to thank all its participants once and again.

What about you ED, Mike, Anthony, Chris, Vincent, Mark...?

      Ed,

To the best of my knowledge the Yahoo! Zen Forum was established by
Albert
Batista in 2002. Al does not participate often now, but has entrusted
the
Moderator's role of the forum to Edgar Owen (who also doesn't now
participate very often) and me. As part of the Zen Forum Home Page
description of the forum Al wrote:

“We believe that true Zen is a realization and way of life which
may be
found and practiced anywhere and is not confined within the gates of any
particular temple or sutra. While many of our members have studied Zen
formally we are not constrained by any particular teaching and seek to
cut
directly through to reality wherever we may find ourselves.

Thus you will find this group a fun and freewheeling group that brings
many
interesting and diverse perspectives to a serious and sometimes
passionate
discussion of Zen. We welcome all new members at whatever level with an
interest in Zen and enlightenment to participate. On this group we are
all
students, and all teachers!”

That is as an official answer as I can give you.

Of course each participant may have different reasons for participating
in
this forum, and would therefore have different opinions on what the zen
forum ‘was about’.

For me the Zen Forum is an e-sangha, somewhere I can go to discuss zen
and
other related subjects with others.

What do you think the Zen Forum is ‘about’?

Bill!