From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ED
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 11:23 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question

> Ed, My responses are embedded below:
[Ed]  When one reads, it is not necessarily to 'learn', but also and
especially to awaken one's own intrinsic wisdom-mind, no?
[Bill!]   I assume by 'intrinsic wisdom-mind' you mean 'Buddha Mind' or
'Original Mind'.

[ED]  No, I do not mean 'Buddha Mind' because I have not realized 'Buddha
Mind' - whatever that might be.
I use it in the sense that the Teachings or the Teacher can be like the
light of the sun falling on a sleeping student, awakening him to truth he
had already possessed, but had merely forgotten.
Four decades ago, that's the way I felt when I read Christmas Humphreys'
books on the Buddha's Teachings.
 That's the way I felt when I read my first book on Zen: "The Spirit of Zen"
by Alan Watts. Although often I did not 'understand' intellectually what was
being said, reading it aroused much joy in me.

database 5580 (20101031) __________

database 5580 (20101031) __________