The Geography of Thought: How Culture Colors the Way the Mind ...

> ED,
>
> That is not the way it is. It is too complicated to explain, but the
oriental way is different from occidental. The former is synthetic,
while the latter analytical. So you need subjects, objects, predicates,
adverbials and other nonsense to try to complete your analysis. In other
words, the westerners are more discriminating (in general).

> Anthony

> Anthony,
> I think the reason is that Zen Masters use the Tantric principle that
one should behave in ways as if one already possesses that which one
aspires to attain; in this case, to possess a non-dualistic mind that
does not discriminate between subject and object.
> --ED

> > ED,
> >
> > Many oriental sentences are without subjects or objects. Bill is
completely adjusted to Thailand, and the zen way. They are very
grammatical here.

> > Anthony

> > Bill,
> > Nice succinct answer.
> > And, question:  Your zen-like statement in ungrammatical, without
subject or object. Is this a zen tradition of speaking, with a view to
training the mind out of its customary dualistic mode of experiencing
reality?