From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ED
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 2:02 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Would zazen cure their malaise?

Rose,
Surely your mummy and daddy raised you to feel/think that you were/are a
princess and very, very special, (more special than all the other little
girls who were also raised by their mummies and daddies to feel/think that
they were princesses and very, very special?) No?
--ED
PS: Bill, in your estimation how many decades of zazen does it take to
diffuse the stink of the self's deluded feelings of specialness?

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Rose P <things_r...@...> wrote:

> I saw this article Ed. As a British woman, I would prefer less adventure
in my life, and don't mind housework :) Adventure imo is waaay overrated -
maybe this is why some of these women feel unsatisfied, they believe they're
missing out on something. As for wearing red, I've never noticed a
difference in mood from doing this. Maybe I'll give it another try...lol.

> Rose
> Would zazen cure their malaise?  --ED

> Millions of British women bored by their lives because of 'endless
housework, no money and a dull sex life'

> By Daily Mail Reporter
> 11th November 2010
> Millions of women have complained they are stuck in a rut because their
lives are too ordinary, new research claimed yesterday.

> Six in ten disenchanted women in Britain say a lack of money, boredom with
the same routine and appearance and a general humdrum has made their lives
deathly dull.

> Of the 4,000 women polled, 28 per cent said they felt more 'ordinary' than
they did five  years ago.

> Stuck in a rut: Women complained a lack of adventure and endless housework
had turned their lives humdrum
> The report reveals how a 'malaise' is affecting the way women look, feel
and style themselves and their surroundings.

> The unsatisfied lot blamed a limited social life and lack of adventure in
style and the bedroom as the key reasons for their malaise.

> A lack of confidence which makes women feel insecure about how witty or
clever they feel was also blamed.

> To make it worse, four in ten women are dreading a winter of discontent as
they say the cold season is when they feel most average.
> A quarter of women admit that feeling generic affects their confidence and
holds them back in life and work.

> One in five fret that their dress sense is slipping and fear they are
starting to look like their mothers.

> The report came from research carried out by fashion internet site
very.co.uk.

> The general malaise is also infecting women's wardrobes with black being
the most common colour in half of women's wardrobes.

> Those polled also admit to a pedestrian uniform of jeans and a t-shirt (37
per cent) or an unflattering ensemble of jogging bottoms and a cardigan (35
per cent), with only one in ten women regularly wearing something bright and
bold.

> Something as simple as wearing red can boost a woman's confidence,
according to research
> Behavioural expert Judi James said: 'The research shows how easy it is for
us to fall into an ordinary trap. Worrying about jobs and finances makes us
want to take fewer risks which in turn can make us feel more ordinary and
have an affect on our happiness, confidence and self-esteem.

> 'Making small but regular changes like breaking bland habits, consciously
adjusting body language to be more upbeat, and using mood-enhancing colours
in both dress and decor can be an easy and instant way to reboot positivity
and happiness levels.'

> The report, entitled Very Ordinary Britain, quizzed women aged 18 to 65 on
how happy they were with different aspects of their life.

> A lack of time, energy and a fear of speaking up and rocking the boat
means that one woman in three is sticking with the status quo.

> Most claim they are happy in their current relationships - but one in ten
felt like they could do with ditching their current partner and having a
change.

> A fifth said they were bored of their sex life, while 48 per cent said
they would be happier with life if they had more decent clothes to wear.

> More than half said they would feel better if they treated themselves to a
whole new wardrobe or a make-over.

> Nearly all admit that adding colour to their appearance makes them feel
happier and more attractive to the opposite sex. A third (32 per cent) think
wearing colours has helped them in job interviews, and a fifth (21 per cent)
think it makes them work harder.

> For two fifths of women, wearing the colour red is the biggest counter to
feeling extraordinary.

> A disenchanted four in ten said they would do things differently if they
had their life again and a quarter said they would be happier if they were
more spontaneous - with half wishing they could book the next flight at an
airport.

> Gareth Jones, retail director of very.co.uk, said: "We understand it is
easy to slip into routines of ordinary dressing and in turn this can make
females, in particular, feel quite uninspired.'
> WHY WOMEN FEEL STUCK IN A RUT
>

> Never have enough money
> Same routine
> Boring dress sense
> Lack of social life
> Endless housework
> Eating the same things at mealtimes
> Lack of holidays
> Boring job
> No new hobbies or interests
> Dull sex life
> Source: Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328816/Millions-British-women-bored
-lives-endless-housework-money-dull-sex-life.html

database 5616 (20101112) __________

database 5616 (20101112) __________