Nevertheless, for a specific student, some particular teacher(s) and/or
teaching method(s) might awaken the student to the truth (that she
already knows and had only forgotten) more readily than other teachers
and methods might.

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Kristy McClain <healthypl...@...>
wrote:

> Bill,
>
> That is a very astute observation. I agree.. k

> >  The teacher teaches awareness of what already is and readily
available.

> > There is never any dependency of the student on the teacher. From
what I've seen of Genpo's teaching approach, however, it appears to
spring from a dependency of the teacher on the student - a dependency of
Genpo to be recognized as the necessary conduit (faucet) to the Dharma
by his students.