Hi Bill,

You stated that Shigantaza is "just this".  If "just this" is indeed
Shigantaza, as you stated, now I would understand finally why you
channel most postings to "just this" as the singular truth and others as
"illusory".

For us to communicate better, I like to clarify some of the terms that
we use.  I believe that your "illusory" is equate to my "form".  If so,
then "just this", or "clear mind",  is not "as is", as per our previous
discussion.

"As is" in my posts includes everything.  It includes all the "forms",
as well as "clear mind" and a "heart with harmonious intentions".  In
other words, "as is" includes both "illusions" and "clear mind" of
yours, plus "pure heart without other impulses".

You are separating "Just this" from all "illusions", which is not wrong,
while we teach to accept all "forms" as well as maintaining a "clear
mind" and a "pure heart".  "Pure heart" in our our school also means
"originally embedded with compassion or harmonious intentions".

For us to live an enlightened life, accept/fulfill/consummate every
"form", or "illusion", is a required condition, which is why we need
"pana/wisdom" as well as maintaining a "clear mind without judgment" in
addition to "pure heart without various impulses, or without karmic
influence".

These are the basis often for me to say "ALL".  All includes the life
force and wisdom of the universal essence as well as all the transient,
relative and impermanent forms.

Then we are whole and complete.  Otherwise, we are still practicing a
incomplete practice.

JMJM

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org