JMJM,

I think what you expressed in the attached email is essentially correct.  I do
use 'Just THIS!' to express emptiness, and the absence of forms.

I have always assumed that when I use the term ‘illusions’ or ‘concepts’ it is
the same as your use of the word ‘form’.

I don’t reject or completely ignore forms, in fact I use them all the time.
I’m using them right now.  I’ve always said that my zen practice involves
learning to properly integrate forms into my life while maintaining the
knowledge that they are forms - illusions and impermanent - without substance.

'Just THIS!' does not include forms.  I think you would call it 'emptiness'.
However my attempt at communicating 'Just THIS!' or emptiness when using a
text-based media like this involves the use of forms - like words I type of
'Just THIS!'.  Saying 'Just THIS!' is a little different in that it only
involves creating a sound, and you only experience a sound.  That's all there
is to that.  If you (or I) go on to create a concept or a definition or try to
'understand' the sound 'Just THIS!', then we are creating a concept to explain
the sound - which is the same as saying we create a form to superimpose on
emptiness.  Sometimes this seems necessary and I do that all the time.  So do
we all.

Does this seem to correspond more closely with Chan teachings?

Thanks...Bill!