Hi Bill,

Bill said:

> What you didn't talk about was the experience of just seeing,
smelling, feeling and tasting. These are not forms. They are experience.
They are empty.

> You place forms around them when you 'think or create the concepts of
peach, hands, lips, pleasant, etc.

Hi Bill,

As per the excerpt from the Prajnaparamita Sutra below, *both* form and
sensations/experiences  are empty.

--ED

------

The Prajnaparamita Sutra states:

"2. Explaining the essence of the Prajna-paramita practice

2-1. The relationship between physical dharmas and emptiness
Sariputra, matter <http://www.dmcclanahan.com/hsutra3.htm#matter>  is
not different from emptiness, and

Emptiness is not different from matter
<http://www.dmcclanahan.com/hsutra3.htm#matter> .

Matter <http://www.dmcclanahan.com/hsutra3.htm#matter>  is emptiness and
emptiness is matter <http://www.dmcclanahan.com/hsutra3.htm#matter> .
2-2. The relationship between mental dharmas and emptiness

So too are sensation <http://www.dmcclanahan.com/hsutra3.htm#sensatio> ,
recognition <http://www.dmcclanahan.com/hsutra3.htm#recognit> , volition
<http://www.dmcclanahan.com/hsutra3.htm#volition>  and consciousness
<http://www.dmcclanahan.com/hsutra3.htm#consciou> ."

------

> Mayka,
>
> Everything you talked about was indeed form. In the peach example the
forms are: peach, hands, eyes, lips and pleasant are forms.

> What you didn't talk about was the experience of just seeing,
smelling, feeling and tasting. These are not forms. They are experience.
They are empty.

> You place forms around them when you 'think or create the concepts of
peach, hands, lips, pleasant, etc.

> When there is Just THIS there is no peach, hands, eyes, lips or
pleasant. There is Just THIS! which might be the raw experience of
sight, smell, feel and/or taste.

> The Prajnaparamita Sutra may indeed state that 'Form is Emptiness and
Emptiness in Form', but you have not demonstrated that to me. You've
only talked about Form. Anyone can talk about Forms.