Rose, I have just completed watching all 100 minutes of the video. It is
phenomenal - I am dumbfounded! I will be re-watching it at least twice
again.

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Rose P <things_r...@...> wrote:

> Thanks vvvvv much for the link Ed. I've watched the first couple of
mins and will be watching the rest, and probably some of the others,
later.

> Rose

> Recommendation:
> Listen to five minutes of the 100 minute video below and then make
your own choices.
> --ED

> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5474604744218568426
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5474604744218568426> #
> Enlightenment, Self, and the Brain. How the brain changes with final
liberation
> 1:39:08 - 2 years ago
> Neurotheology 3 - What happens in the brain when a person attains
enlightenment? This talk offers an hypothesis. Using concepts in
neurotheology developed by Michael A. Persinger (inventor of the God
Helmet), Todd Murphy (inventor of the 8 Coil Shakti neural stimulation
system) explores the brain's role in enlightenemnt as understood in
Buddhism. The talk also looks at the self (or sense of self), and how
it's place as a brain function allows it to be flexible enough to change
as a person becomes enlightened. It examines a few case histories,
including those of Ramana Maharishi, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, The Buddha,
and some others.