From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, 4 December, 2010 0:00:46
Subject: [Zen] Enlightenment, Self, and the Brain

Recommendation:
Listen to five minutes of the 100 minute video below and then make your own
choices.

--ED

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5474604744218568426#
Enlightenment, Self, and the Brain. How the brain changes with final liberation
1:39:08 - 2 years ago
Neurotheology 3 - What happens in the brain when a person attains
enlightenment?
This talk offers an hypothesis. Using concepts in neurotheology developed by
Michael A. Persinger (inventor of the God Helmet), Todd Murphy (inventor of the
8 Coil Shakti neural stimulation system) explores the brain's role in
enlightenemnt as understood in Buddhism. The talk also looks at the self (or
sense of self), and how it's place as a brain function allows it to be flexible
enough to change as a person becomes enlightened. It examines a few case
histories, including those of Ramana Maharishi, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, The
Buddha, and some others.