From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ED
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 10:01 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zen] Enlightenment, Self, and the Brain

Recommendation:
Listen to five minutes of the 100 minute video below and then make your own
choices.
--ED

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5474604744218568426#
Enlightenment, Self, and the Brain. How the brain changes with final
liberation
1:39:08 - 2 years ago
Neurotheology 3 - What happens in the brain when a person attains
enlightenment? This talk offers an hypothesis. Using concepts in
neurotheology developed by Michael A. Persinger (inventor of the God
Helmet), Todd Murphy (inventor of the 8 Coil Shakti neural stimulation
system) explores the brain's role in enlightenemnt as understood in
Buddhism. The talk also looks at the self (or sense of self), and how it's
place as a brain function allows it to be flexible enough to change as a
person becomes enlightened. It examines a few case histories, including
those of Ramana Maharishi, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, The Buddha, and some
others.

database 5672 (20101203) __________

database 5672 (20101203) __________