From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Zen and the Martial Arts
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 4 December, 2010, 10:41 PM

The essence of the contribution of Zen to the martial arts is to be found in:
7.  Right Concentration
8.  Right Mindfulness.
Concentration and Mindfulness are secular activities, and yes, the
Concentration is a pre-requisite for the development of Mindfulnes; that is, in
the moment the mind takes the already-developed Concentration and focuses it
like a laser beam on any and all events or a chosen subset of events in the
here and now, to achieve specified objectives. This capability is especially
effective in the martial arts and in business strategizing.