From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ED
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 10:05 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] The BBC on Zen

Bill,
======================
The Noble Eightfold Path:
Motivation:
1. Right View
2. Right Intention
Ethics:
3. Right Speech
4. Right Action
5. Right Livlihood
6. Right Effort
Mental Development
7. Right Mindfulness
8. Right Concentration
===================
A Buddhist understanding of 'right' in the Noble Eightfold Path is to be
found in:
http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/eightfoldpath.html

1. Right View
Wisdom

2. Right Intention

3. Right Speech
Ethical Conduct

4. Right Action

5. Right Livelihood

6. Right Effort
Mental Development

7. Right Mindfulness

8. Right Concentration

Apparently, Samurai warriors learned zen (Mental Development  or Meditation)
from Zen monks, but their motivation and ethics, and their understanding of
'right' were different. See: http://zen.thetao.info/read/samurai.htm

database 5672 (20101203) __________

database 5674 (20101204) __________