Bill, 'Samadhi' has several meanings; in which sense do you use use
'samadhi'?  --ED

> This is Beijing Bill.
>
> While in samadhi there are no events.

There is only now. An event is a description of a slice of time that has
a beginning and ending. You MIGHT say you focus on now, but focus is not
quite the right word. At least for me focus denotes an effort or intent.
There is 'just now' without focus. You might have to focus to get to
that point, but when you get to that point focus and self and events all
dissolve away.

> ...Bill!

Yes,

> ED,
>
> You say, "focuses it like a laser beam on any and all events or a
chosen subset of events in the here and now, to achieve specified
objectives."

> In my understanding, zen's mindfulness does not focus on any 'events'.
I would like to hear from Bill about this.

> Anthony

> The essence of the contribution of Zen to the martial arts is to be
found in:
> 7. Right Concentration
> 8. Right Mindfulness.
> Concentration and Mindfulness are secular activities, and yes, the
Concentration is a pre-requisite for the development of Mindfulnes; that
is, in the moment the mind takes the already-developed Concentration and
focuses it like a laser beam on any and all events or a chosen subset of
events in the here and now, to achieve specified objectives. This
capability is especially effective in the martial arts and in business
strategizing.