I am happy you like the video. I like Mr Murphy's calm and relatively
ego-free vibrations; he has obviously engaged in some serious Theravadin
meditation practice.

I have found the book: "Zen-Mind Reflections" quite interesting and have
learned much from it on the zazen-brain connection, but I skipped much
of the heavy neuro-physiological stuff.

The book was delivered to my door in four days by Amazon for $22
(including postage, handling, shipping and state sales tax.).

The book can be previewed up to a point at the link below. If you reach
the limit for previewing, try erasing cookies and clicking on the link

--- In, Rose P <things_r...@...> wrote:
> Ed, I watched 60 mins of the talk so far. For me personally, this type
of information is so  immensely interesting. I enjoy hearing about what
researchers think they have discovered and have yet to discover (or not,
as the case may be), as far as the brain/religion/meditation go.

I find it very inspiring but I appreciate that others think it's not
necessary. The talk is helped along by the fact that the speaker comes
across so well and injects personal insights. I think I can even
overlook his hair style on this occasion, which looks incredibly high
maintenance........ :)
> Rose

> Rose, I have just completed watching all 100 minutes of the video. It
is phenomenal - I am dumbfounded! I will be re-watching it at least
twice again.
> --ED

> > Thanks vvvvv much for the link Ed. I've watched the first couple of
mins and will be watching the rest, and probably some of the others,

> > Rose

> > Recommendation:
> > Listen to five minutes of the 100 minute video below and then make
your own choices.Â
> > --ED

<> #
> > Enlightenment, Self, and the Brain. How the brain changes with final
> > 1:39:08 - 2 years ago
> > Neurotheology 3 - What happens in the brain when a person attains
enlightenment? This talk offers an hypothesis. Using concepts in
neurotheology developed by Michael A. Persinger (inventor of the God
Helmet), Todd Murphy (inventor of the 8 Coil Shakti neural stimulation
system) explores the brain's role in enlightenemnt as understood in
Buddhism. The talk also looks at the self (or sense of self), and how
it's place as a brain function allows it to be flexible enough to change
as a person becomes enlightened. It examines a few case histories,
including those of Ramana Maharishi, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, The Buddha,
and some others.