If the video had been Dr. Austin I would have been pleased. This guy seems to
been in the lab of the guy that tries to use magnetic radiation to induce
visions of god in people. As science it seems sort of mediocre, though
suggestive, though unreplicable to date.

Really though, I just can't respect anyone that locates arousal or relaxation
with places rather than states of a system.

If this is your only exposure to neuro-anatomy, that seems like it would not be
enough to start to make sense of a pretty complicated topic.

But the hand-wavy sciency explanations do emotionally engage people; I suspect
ED's pleasure is the speakers goal.

And I see a lot in the current day of people plastering on a few words and
details from science, to increase the plausibility of their presentation
without having the core of the scientific approach or understanding. As a
material system, the brain is astoundingly complex. Anyone speaking of it from
the perspective of understanding it scientifically will just relate a few
interesting tid bits of data in a soup of we don't know this, and more
investigation is needed here and so on. Humility is the hallmark of
neuroscientists right now.

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone