Hi Bill

That is what I also see as a 'zenful' life..so to speak. In this situation we
have a kitchen sink. How deep is that sink? Is the water running hot, or cold?
How much water had gone in? Have glasses and other potentially sharp
objects/items been left in the bottom?

Perhaps there's a small old television in such kitchen, and OPRAH is on(Or, DR
PHIL?). It might be an interesting TV program. In fact, very
interesting(really?). There's nobody else in the house. Which comes first, the
TV program, or putting one's hand in a potentially dangerous situation? Which
comes first? What is one FULLY CONCENTRATING on in this NOW..here and now? I
think I read in a samurai prose passage somewhere that one must live one's life
as if one's hair is on fire, and the late Zen teachers Shunryu Suzuki and
Taisen Deshimaru mentioned similar things as well. Where is this inferno of
concentration on? Perhaps, some of us may be getting carried away with this
philosophy they call in business today called Multi-tasking, no? Be careful,
that sharp knife or that broken glass in the sink may cut you

PLEASE NOTE: the terms WE, YOU, and others in this posting are general, and not
directed at anyone(not even me)

And then we have the garbage ordeal. To this day, it is an ordeal...but the
flies and cockroaches are hanging around(or, was that a rat that I saw?). The
smell is unbelieveable, and the plastic bag in the bin is not strong enough to
be lifted out and taken outside without spilling the rubbish all over that
lovely and recently cleaned kitchen floor. And your wife just walked in. Horror
of all horrors, the baby had been let loose..and had now crawled into the
kitchen. What do you do? What is the BIG MIND doing...your BIG MIND?

Let's take ourselves out of that house, and visit that darned railway
station...at midnight?!? Somebody on the concrete is unconscious and bleeding
excessively, whilst some others are smashing glass windows and setting fires to
the surrounding buildings. What do you do? You've got at least a 7th Dan
black-belt in the Kyokushin-kai style, and more than 5 years experience in Muay
Thai training in Thailand and UFC competitions in the US. On top of that, you
just came back from service in Afghanistan. So, you're going to be alright,
yes? Dive in the fracas with your BIG MIND, yes? Where is your BIG MIND?

peace
Mel(I hope I didn't confuse anyone)