Hi Ed,

Valid question. No different from you and I, Viki did not begin to serve and serve and give and give without feeling a sense of "unfairness".

As she practices to learn about life, she gradually shed of her "unfair opinion" of conditions in life. It is usually triggered by witnesses from others, as well as her own awakening from inside. All these could not have happened unless she sits.

Then her unconditional giving woke up her husband to realize life is not about fairness, or duty, or role. Life is simply fulfilling every moment. There is no destiny, no objective, no accomplishment. Just be at ease and liberated at every moment. By the way, her husband also picked up this practice six years ago. And only two weeks ago, he began to participate in house chores. To surpass ourselves, our habits, our values, our identify and to be truly liberated at all moment, does take time.

My Teacher said, "This is a gradual practice to attain sudden awakening."

Meaning we either awake or not awake. :-)

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org