MEL: Hi there Bill, ED, and all

BILL: That sounds a lot like what a great bodhisattva is reported to have
taught:

Matthew 6:2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with
trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be
honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."

Matthew 6:3 "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand
know what your right hand is doing,..."

MEL: I hope you're not putting me on the same level as a bodhisattva,
Bill...(*smiles*)...and also considering that I may have only a very slight
idea of what the word actually means(*sighs/laughter*)..

I really enjoyed the quotations above

ED: What a person says or does is a function of his or her conscious or
unconscious values and objectives in life, not ours.

MEL: Yes. All I'm saying is..we should all do just what is required, and then
move on...and forget about pride, and the Self

ED: What 'should' his or her values and objectives in life be?

MEL: Inside each and every individual on attainment of adulthood(which may not
take place for many years after the 18th or 21st, or even 30th birthday) are
values and objectives that have been learned from since childhood, and it's up
to him/her to act upon those and live with such, or not

It's really unecessary to state in words what the values and objectives are. We
just act on them