BILL: "Sitting itself is the practice of the Buddha. Sitting itself is
nondoing. It is nothing but the true form of the self. Apart from sitting,
there is nothing to seek as the buddhadharma." - Dogen Zenji

MEL:...*nods in full agreement*......

ED: Dogen's assertion is simple, clear, inspiring and beautiful to many; but
Jewish, Christian or Muslim religion might not buy into Dogen's schtick.

MEL: I was in an Islamic forum sometime ago, and when I questioned the validity
of the hadiths, I was told...

...'This is an Islamic forum. We are the way we are and you cannot question our
beliefs'.....

ED, I'm glad that none of the 'zensters' here will say something like that to
you. In fact, I highly doubt anyone will be that rude to you here. As a
follower of the Semite god, it is natural that you would find it bewildering
that Zen followers believe what they believe, because that's what I assume
you've been taught as a Christian. The Semites in any of their 3 forms above,
have always wanted nothing but for the whole world to convert to their
ways...including those darned Zen and Taoist 'heathens"(??)

You say Dogen's...'schtick'(????)...hmmm...

However, I doubt you'll find anyone here making insults about Jesus's
teachings. Bill quoted some biblical passages for me before and I was most
appreciative. I still continue to enjoy the reading the bible(including the
apocryphal books), but I didn't go back to the Quakers, and I think I had made
all valid attempts in being a Christian with no results. I will however,
continue to reply to your enquiries and statements despite what you may say
about any of our patriarchs

As far as Zen is concerned, I don't know what it is you're exactly after but I
wish you well

in peace
Mel