Hello Mel,

In your post below, do you have a 'problem' with the way anyone or
anything is?

--ED

PS: Just offering to help

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Mel" <gunnar19632...@...> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I'm often the sort of person who says it straight from the heart
without thinking of the consequences, even if it's to my detriment. You
often see this type of character(eg. Piglet, from the tales of
Pooh)...the type of character who often gets shot down even by those
supposedly close to him for even just stating an opinion. I'm not the
only one like this. There must be many. Yet, pride can't really be
afforded to get caught in the cross-fire, especially with those who are
so full of pride

> Perhaps the fault is from within me. I may have not taken seriously
enough the teachings on emptiness, or the imparmenence of the Self. I'm
not going into the details, but I was insulted left, right, and center
today. However, the clear-headed part of me says to move on. Let me
elaborate...

> It has been said that...for the beginners there are many
possibilities, but very few as such for the experts on the other hand. A
beginner's mind is like a clean and stainless glass that one can look
through to the other side, whilst that of an expert's might be stained
and even muddied. How can one look at all the possibilities through a
dirty window to the outside? It's almost as bad as a clean rock or stone
that had been rolled over and again across mud, dust, soil, and whatever
else..to the point that the original rock/stone doesn't recognize itself
any longer. Perhaps I am that same rock/stone as well, and I've covered
myself up with all sorts of 'mud' of complications...to the point that
the original Self is barely recognizable, nor can see all the
possibilities of the outside world. While I feel sorry for myself, each
moment of wasteful not-doing goes past

> In this case, the mud/dirt(read PRIDE/worry over the impermanent SELF)
'covering' me and therefore limiting the possiblities..well..this may
well be the real issue at hand. Each moment followed by another moment,
how can one live fully each moment if one is still living the previous
moments? The object of hurt feelings is already long gone, yet why still
live in the past moment? A clear head/heart is like clear glass. It's as
if one's eyes is fully wide, and awake. To live each moment in full, and
the moment after, and after, and after.....