Hello Mel,

Is not thinking so much somewhat un-zenlike?  Perhaps a single word or
sentence might transmit to us the truth you experience?

In peace, ED

PS: All religions and world-views, including atheism, can bring good
news and bad news. Just take your pick.

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Mel" <gunnar19632...@...> wrote:
> BILL: "Sitting itself is the practice of the Buddha. Sitting itself is
> nondoing. It is nothing but the true form of the self. Apart from
sitting, there is nothing to seek as the buddhadharma." - Dogen Zenji
> MEL:...*nods in full agreement*......
> ED: Dogen's assertion is simple, clear, inspiring and beautiful to
many; but Jewish, Christian or Muslim religion might not buy into
Dogen's schtick.
> MEL: I was in an Islamic forum sometime ago, and when I questioned the
validity of the hadiths, I was told...
> ...'This is an Islamic forum. We are the way we are and you cannot
question our beliefs'.....
> ED, I'm glad that none of the 'zensters' here will say something like
that to you. In fact, I highly doubt anyone will be that rude to you
here. As a follower of the Semite god, it is natural that you would find
it bewildering that Zen followers believe what they believe, because
that's what I assume you've been taught as a Christian. The Semites in
any of their 3 forms above, have always wanted nothing but for the whole
world to convert to their ways...including those darned Zen and Taoist
> You say Dogen's...'schtick'(????)...hmmm...
> However, I doubt you'll find anyone here making insults about Jesus's
teachings. Bill quoted some biblical passages for me before and I was
most appreciative. I still continue to enjoy the reading the
bible(including the apocryphal books), but I didn't go back to the
Quakers, and I think I had made all valid attempts in being a Christian
with no results. I will however, continue to reply to your enquiries and
statements despite what you may say about any of our patriarchs