Hi Ed,

Well, since my name has mentioned in your post. I thank you for granting me this opportunity.

1.  I don't know what Shikantaza is.  Sorry.
2.  I don't know what Samatha is.  Sorry again.
3.  I know how to sit the Chan way as I described below.
4. I don't compare either, as you may notice, because comparing definition or words is not something Chan recommends.
5.  Nor do I discuss, because nothing I have posted has any value.
6.  Everything I have posted everyone already "know".
7.  There is only one thing I recommend -- meditate the Chan Way.
8. When you begins to witness something different, then ask me. Not quotes from others, only your personal experience.

I hope you don't find my answers harsh. Because my job really is just to share what I have experienced. No more and no less. Every word is my personal witness. Yet word has no value. They are just descriptions of some real phenomenon and not the phenomenon itself.

I respect your persistent search for the truth. But truth is not out there. Truth is always within you. And truth exists in every moment and in every being, big or small.

All you have to do is to stop search outward and begin searching inward. Once you found it, you will said to yourself, "Amazing. It is really really simple."

Yes, Absolute Dharma is like the period at the end of this sentence.

:-)

BTW, FYI. Chan meditation is really routed in Tao. If you read XinXinMing. You will discovered it is quite Tao. I hope this helps.

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org