--- On Wed, 29/12/10, Maria Lopez <flordel...@btinternet.com> wrote:

Awareness of in and out breathing doesn´t require any extra apart of being
fully present in the ground of our being while breathing in and out.  Making
distintions between duality and non duality it sounds more a thought than
reality.  Reallity doesn´t separates.  It doesn´t make distintions.
MEL: Yes, definitely

I have a tough cold.  I breathe in, I breathe out.  I stay with my cold.  I
experience all sensations given by the cold.  Wouldn´t be at this point the
thought of duality a distraction taking attention away from what is really
happening, from what is there right now?.  I have a cold. I can sit down and
MEL: Yes. Unfortunately, each and every zazen period is never perfect. I
couldn't stop coughing the other night as I sat. Nevertheless, I continued.
Healthy Buddha, suffering Buddha...both the same, both processes. There is
nothing that is always ever perfect, but we continue because Buddha dies in
each coming moment only to shed the old skin, and then emerges once
more....just  as the dead and dying Phoenix rises once again from the ashes of
It has been said that one must find Buddha/The Way in imperfection, not
perfection. Only in imperfection can one truly seek the origin of all. It has
also been said that the best way to return to calm waters is to sit. But, one
cannot sit in the middle of a rush-hour traffic when the beast within has
craves and desires. What to do, but breath..
in peace