Hello TMSO,  (I hope you don't mind me using initials :-) )

Again very important question. Before I say anything I like to repeat what my teacher often remind us, "Practice and you shall witness. We all can." My words are only for your reference.

   * The Sitting Practice of Chan is mostly Tao.  The Words are most
     Buddhism, because 49 years of teaching gave us a lot of terms to
     use.  The spiritual realms we reach however are universal and
     label-less.
   * Stage one, we practice to reach Constant Turning Of Dharma
     Wheels.  In layman's language, that is to cycle three energy
     channels passing all ten chakras, three times, within a single
     breath.  Then our body is pure.  This will take about three years
     for average person, if practices on a daily basis. At this stage,
     our physical being transforms into an energy being, we are
     naturally fed with universal energy constantly. (I don't have jet
     lag.  Don't get tired.)
   * Ultimate Truth/Final Form/True Form is called by some the Ninth
     Consciousness, or the Realm of Light.  It is the Truth, Kindness
     and Perfection. Some call it the nature of the universe, or nature
     of chan, or the nature of all of us. :-)

Our meditation website is htttp://www.chan-meditation.org. And if you register and log in at heartchan.org, there are about 8 or 10 video taught directly by our Lineage Chan Master, be connected with His chi while listening to his words. There is English subtitle. Each is about 45 minutes long.

Let me know if you need more details. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share.

JMJM

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org