How did your teachers bring it back to the marketplace?

On 12/13/12, Bill! <[email protected]> wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> RAF mentioned something in one of his recent posts to which I chose not to
> respond, but after seeing more of his and other's comments I do want to
> say...
>
> The zen I practice has absolutely nothing to do with my opinions on
> economics or politics.  These are the realm of the 'commissar' - someone who
> believes the best way to influence society is from the top down.  My
> preference is more like the 'yogi' - someone who believes it is more
> effective to influence society from the bottom up - that is starting with
> ME.
>
> So, although I do have opinions (and some of them very strong) on economics
> and politics, I don't claim they are based on my zen practice, or as RAF
> might believe, have been led astray by 'nasty old Modern American faux-Zen'.
>  Although I've certainly had these types of discussions with my fellow zen
> students I don't recall ever discussing anything even remotely like this
> with any of my teachers or senior monks.
>
> As for the Yahoo! Zen Forum I don't think these topics are really
> appropriate, but as most of you know both Edgar and I are very liberal  8>]
> when it comes to discussions.  But...let's not focus too much or dwell too
> long on these types of side-topics.
>
> ...Bill!
>
>


------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to