Merle,

I took a look but find nothing of Zen there.

The work appears quite cerebral, geometric, and blunt or dull to me, and I 
sense no echoes from Buddha Nature, nor anything of the Wabi-Sabi aesthetic.  
Also, I garner no facets of the richness of biological Nature nor physical 
Nature exemplified or hinted-at.

Not even the Jewel-Net of Indra comes to mind, as there are no reflecting 
elements anywhere in any nodes of the nets here.

But I see "echoes" instead of large radar dishes; large radio telescope dishes; 
and, still-tethered research balloons being filled with helium.  And possibly 
some trapeze artists' nets, billowing in the wind after the Big Top has blown 
down in a storm.  Or Mars-descent parachutes for spacecraft.  None of these 
things puts me in mind of No-Mind, nor Buddha Nature, and so they do not bring 
to mind "Zen" to me.  Not at all.

The scale and "incidental" public-exposure (indifferent display) of the works, 
I would say, is antithetical to the Wabi-Sabi definition.

Will you tell us what you find of zen in them, which you mention?

Please be very explicit with me, as I am trying to learn what other artists 
see, when/where I don't, or I don't yet.

TNX.

(my Lundberg Family Organic Brown Rice puffed rice-crackers are light and airy; 
they perfectly well TASTE of Zen though, to me).

--Joe

> Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@...> wrote:
>
> light and airy..very zen..merle
> 
> >
> >http://www.echelman.com/site/portfolio.html




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to