Bill!,
I'll say the irony was not lost on me, either!
But if you read ALL of that, then your stamina exceeds mine, as does your
tolerance of drivel. Any entertainment-value wore out quickly for me, and I
suspected that the post was cribbed online from some would-be teacher like
"Osho", or some such other dangerous poseur.
Now I'll put on my catcher's mitt and collect all the overripe tomatoes sure to
come my way, pitched by some others here, and'll don my goggles to protect me
from the splatter sure to leak through the webbing.
Gee, I have to admit I haven't had a baseball glove on in too long; I guess I
miss being 13.
Cheers, and greetings in the New Year,
--Joe
> "Bill!" wrote:
>
> Merle,
>
> I've heard the tea story many times before.
>
> What I mean when I said 'run through me' is that I discard both tea (turn it
> into urine and expel it) and the intellectual treatise Suresh inserted after
> the story as fast as I take it in.
>
> The irony in Suresh's posting (IMO) is that is starts it out with a nice
> little zen story which illustrates how you must empty your intellect before
> you can realize Buddha Nature, and then goes on to try to fill our heads with
> a long (for this forum) intellectual discourse.
>
> I found that ironical and amusing...
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/